Re "Apologies" & Equipment Woes

Subject: Re "Apologies" & Equipment Woes
From: Daniel Strychalski <dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 03:33:29 +0800

To all:
I don't want to waste any more message space or others' time. The blunder
titled "Apologies" has been rectified. Many thanks to those who helped.
I wonder how many in-house writers have been in the kind of situation I
was in until recently: writing manuals for consumer-market peripherals and
Windows-based software, but being denied an IBM-type machine -- and then,
after a kindly programmer gave me a spare 640K 286, being denied things like
sufficient memory and disk space to run the programs I was writing about.
Mine is probably an extreme case, even for the Far East, where things can
seem topsy-turvy by an American's lights. Any similar stories? I hope not.

Dan Strychalski dski -at- cameonet -dot- cameo -dot- com -dot- tw Translator & technical writer