Re: Productivity of Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Productivity of Technical Writers
From: lori m long <llong -at- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 1995 20:06:55 -0700

I don't know how everyone else goes about it, but when I'm assigned the
task of writing something, I spend a lot of time "processing" the
information. During that time I look like I'm doing nothing. Then
something clicks and I start writing. At that point, it all sort of
"gushes" out. During that time you can't get me off the computer to save
my life. I often type until the wee hours . . . it helps to have a
machine at home *grin* .

Just my $.02

I agree with Robert about CTS. It's often exacerbated by surrounding
stressors (like your supervisor standing over you wanting you to do
something that LOOKS like work). If we wanted to make a list we could
have CTS (well, all RMIs), ulcers, migraines, bracchial neuralgia . . .
Anyone want to add to this? ;)

Land softly,

Lori