Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 12:24:46 PST

> We've been using them in our manuals, but I'm beginning to see
> them as being very wasteful and unnecessary. So what if a
> chapter starts on the left! The environmentalist in me has
> already removed them from the next version of the manual, but I
> was wondering what others are doing?

> Any comments?

I'm a pretty strong environmentalist, but I wouldn't go so far as to
start a chapter on a left-hand page. It's one of those conventions
that help readers (including me) find things fast, and I don't see
a compelling need to mess with it.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com