Re: Definition and derivation requested

Subject: Re: Definition and derivation requested
From: Bill Burns <WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 08:18:29 MDT

Oops. Something strange happened during transmission.

"[I]n7for7mat7ics . . . n." should be "in*for*mat*ics."

Bill Burns * These are MY opinions,
Assm. Technical Writer/Editor * MINE I TELL YOU!
Micron Technology, Inc. *
Boise, ID * (not that they amount to much. . .)
WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM *

I wrote (or pasted):

>>Here's what I found in Am. Heritage (online)

in7for7mat7ics . . . n. (used with a sing. verb). Chiefly British. In
formation science. [informat(ion) + -ics.]