Re: Looking for jobs with ads

Subject: Re: Looking for jobs with ads
From: Emily Skarzenski <71220 -dot- 341 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 12:16:18 EST

I'm wondering why people are talking about looking for jobs through the
newspaper as if it's a thing they're "supposed to do" or "not supposed to do."
Is there really anybody out there who, if they're looking for a job, *doesn't*
check the newspaper?

I realize there may be other strategies, even more effective ones, but why snub
a source that's practically free? Plus, here in Philadelphia at least, it
doesn't exactly take a lot of time to *sort* through the ads for tech writers,
since there aren't more than three in any Sunday paper I've seen in the last 2
years. Not like the ads for programmers, where you would have to spend a
considerable amount of time sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Emily Skarzenski
Head Technical Writer
Fastech, Inc. - Broomall, PA
71220 -dot- 341 -at- compuserve -dot- com