Re: Do we like our jobs?

Subject: Re: Do we like our jobs?
From: Howard <howardg -at- SAVVY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 09:11:17 -0500

On Wed, 15 Mar 1995, Barb Miller wrote:

> Emily suggests:

> <snip>We just never seem to mention the *up* sides to the job...

> What a wonderful new thread! What do you like about your job?

> I'll start:

> I like being on the cutting edge of technology both in what I write about
> and the tools I use.

> I like the willingness to share information (of course, that's our
> business) that I find from my coworkers and peers on this list and through
> STC.

> I like having the opportunity to learn new tools, new ways of doing my job,
> and new media to design and write for.

> Am I gushing too much?

Naw, not _too_ much. I enjoy taking a subject which appears spooky and
scary to the reader and making it clearly understood, even useful. I
started in this business (DP) to have an effect on people. Writing lucid
manuals may not be music, but it matters when it's needed. (Although a
propellor head _did_ recently rell me that my manuals were like
poetry -- go figure!)

-Howard howardg -at- savvy -dot- com