*How* you're supposed to look for jobs / not look? Puh-LEEZE!

Subject: *How* you're supposed to look for jobs / not look? Puh-LEEZE!
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 11:04:00 PST

Who cares what methods you use as long as it works? I am presently watching
the local English newspaper, reading misc.jobs.offered and have my C.V. with
certain local recruiters -- AND I'm monitoring techwr-l and winhlp-l. In
fact, I just sent off a package in response to an Autodesk posting on
winhlp-l!

Those companies using the existing WWW job sites (usually commercial) don't
yet seem to think of tech writers when they use the sites. I suspect that'll
change when, if it happens, HTML authoring becomes more of a
bread-and-butter provider for tech communicators.

Pat
Net (B):patricko -at- eicon -dot- com