Re: Odd Pages

Subject: Re: Odd Pages
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 14:36:48 -0600

Beverly Parks wrote:

> I cannot argue with the convention that all odd pages should be on >
the right. But along with that convention you seem to be assuming >
that all chapters must begin on an odd page. Why?

Kelly Burhenne wrote:

>Because each chapter should begin on page one. One is an odd number.
>Therefore, all chapters should begin on an odd page (on the right
>side)!

>Unless you want to start chapters on page two or thirty-two or
>whatever it is you're proposing (which is ludicrous). This is so
>standard (for good reason) that it's really not even worth talking
>about!

I disagree, Kelly. We start our chapters on odd pages. But, if others
want to start chapters (after the first chapter) on odd or even pages
(wherever they naturally fall), then it is worth discussing and
shouldn't be called ludicrous.

Virginia Krenn
asdxvlk.okway.okstate.edu