Tech Writer salaries

Subject: Tech Writer salaries
From: Matt Kirk <mek -at- COVENTRY -dot- AC -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 12:58:22 +0000

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me...

I have to find out the following for an assigment I am doing for my
Technical Communication degree course:

I you were employed by a contractor as a Technical Author, how much
would you expect to get paid per hour? (in UKP or $).

What would you expect to get paid per year, if you were working full
time for a company as a Technical Author.

On average, how many (A4 or Letter) pages can you write on:
1: A bad day
2: A good day

I know the answers will vary as much as a piece of string, but I`m only
looking for a rough esimate to give me an idea.

Any replies will be much appreciated

TIA for any help

Regards

/\/\atthew