Re: Dumb form letter programs

Subject: Re: Dumb form letter programs
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 07:31:33 -0800

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995, Richard Mateosian wrote:

> I receive form letters from nearly brain-dead mailing programs all the time.
> One of the funniest came a number of years ago, when I was still using my
> first initial, "S."

> Often, in those days, I received mail addressed to S R Mateosian. It was one
> of these that began "Dear Sister Mateosian."

> Well, it seemed hilarious at the time. ...RM

I heard one that went out that placed the recipient's address in the
letter. A friend of a friend received a letter asking if he'd like to see
this brand new Camaro sitting outside of P.O. Box 8442? He thought it'd
be kinda neat, but wasn't sure the post office would agree!!

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
dcastro -at- hpsrdas -dot- sr -dot- hp -dot- com