Re: Index checking in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Index checking in FrameMaker
From: Frank Stearns <franks -at- FSATOOLS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 23:56:36 -0800

John writes:

> Have you ever wanted to check how a particular page is indexed? It's a
> little hard to do from the standard generated index.

> I like to use a per-page index to check each page's index entries, mainly
> as a means of determining whether that page has proper coverage. It's a

[several steps deleted]

You could do such single page checking using our indexing/marker
management tool for FrameMaker called "IXgen".

To do what you described, you'd simply highlight the page of interest,
select either the "generate editble list" or "expand markers" tool from
IXgen, and there you'd see the markers in a table or made visible in the
body text, respectively. The highlighting scopes IXgen activity to just
that area. OR, you can do an entire file or an entire book of files.

A NICE benefit is that you could then also EDIT the markers IMMEDIATELY,
without going back to the marker window.

For more information contact us directly or take a look at our web page
(URL is in the address block below).

+ -- T O L L F R E E ( I n U S A ) : 8 0 0 / 5 6 7 - 6 4 2 1 -- +
| Frank Stearns Associates | Developers of Tools for FrameMaker(r) |
| franks -at- fsatools -dot- com | Developers of Custom Software Tools |
| 360/892-3970 fx:360/253-1498 | Makers of IXgen, FM2A, & Hypergen |
| http://www.pacifier.com/~franks (Email if web page access problems) |
Please note our new area codes. Your local phone system may not recognize
an area code that does not have a "1" or "0" as the center digit. Use 206
through May 95, and ask your telephone service provider for an upgrade.