Preface

Subject: Preface
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 09:47:29 -0800

>I use a preface that includes an overview of the
>information contained in the book

This is properly part of the introduction. A preface should contain the
author's message to the reader about the circumstances of the book: Why did
I write it? Whose help do I wish to acknowledge? Stuff like that.

The book should stand on its own without it. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Technical Writer in Berkeley CA srm -at- c2 -dot- org