Re: Splitting up a big Word File

Subject: Re: Splitting up a big Word File
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 08:30:15 PST

>Robert and anyone else replying to this thread. Please don't trash the Word
>software. I appreciate the fact that you may not like the product, but
>there are many of us that use Word (some of us don't have a choice) and our
>request for help in tackling some of the limitations is genuine. I don't
>think that the "trash the software attitude" helps.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I waited until several postings
tackled your problem in detail before I posted -- it's not as if I were
trying to drown out the specific advice.

But I feel compelled, when people ask questions on the order of, "What's
the best way to drive screws with a hammer," to point out that a hammer
is the wrong tool. If you don't have a screwdriver, you should consider
getting one.

If you feel that your long-term prospects of ever acquiring
a screwdriver are poor, something is probably wrong.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215