Re: AG (Acronyms in Glossary!)

Subject: Re: AG (Acronyms in Glossary!)
From: Lori Moore <LORIMOORE -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 09:18:26 MDT

Jane Lorenzen inquires on how to (or whether to) list
acronyms in the glossary:

>...if we decide to list them by acronym/initialism instead
>of by the full term, how do we sort them within the
>glossary? Right now they're listed like this:

>> FCAT (Forecasting Category)
>> FDPT (Forecasting Department)
>> FSUB (Forecasting Subdivision)
>> Factory Ship
>> Final Replenishment Period

I think it would be a benefit to have a separate listing
of acronyms only! If it could be done clearly, I would place
the list under 'A', where 'Acronyms' falls alphabetically and
use the style displayed above: "FCAT (Forecasting Category)."
An alternative would be to provide the acronyms list either
before or after the glossary, depending on the level of import-
ance.
Good Luck!

Lori Moore, }}}} Freebird }}}}}
Micron in Boise,
Idaho, USA
(...soon to be in Utah, in case you haven't heard!!)