Not posting job ads here??

Subject: Not posting job ads here??
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 12:01:51 PST

> My suggestion is that in the future, persons (including me)
> who wish to place job ads send a message like the one I posted
> on winhlp-l. It said in effect:

> Please inquire if you want more information about either of
> these jobs:

> * Full-time technical writer, Houston, TX
> * Contract writers and illustrators, anywhere in US

> Let me know what you think. My address is lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com -dot-

I have no problem with job ads, as long as the subject line includes
the state involved. I like to browse 'em all sometimes, and I
wouldn't want to have to create a separate inquiry just to do that.

Job ads are a valuable way of keeping one's finger on the pulse of
the industry, and as such I think they're as germane to this list as
any message could be.

Thanks

Arthur