Re: Query: What do we call the list?

Subject: Re: Query: What do we call the list?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 09:59:54 MST

Bev Parks wrote--
The best that I can determine from the Internet reference books
at hand, the correct way to refer to these is

LISTSERV mailing lists
or
Listserv mailing lists

Sue Stewart added--
This would not be a correct "generic" term for a mailing
list, simply because not all mailing lists are LISTSERVs. I
also subscribe to a MAJORDOMO list, and I believe there may
be additional server softwares.

I believe this is an Internet mailing list. That's what they
seem to be called in all the books on the 'net.

"Internet mailing list" sounds better and would make more sense
to most people.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=