Re[4]: MS Internet Assistant

Subject: Re[4]: MS Internet Assistant
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 12:05:00 -0600

Could you expand on this? I didn't know that IA was not a Microsoft
invention...

As I understand it, they licensed the product from a small company that has
since been purchased by America Online, a company with which the Microsoft
Network will be in direct competition. There have even been some harsh words
exchanged between the two companies over MS bundling Microsoft Network with the
OS, and not bundling AOL as well. AOL has announced they have no intention of
pulling the license, but I can't see Mr. Bill giving AOL any extra income, can
you?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124