Questions re. seminars

Subject: Questions re. seminars
From: Keith Baker <keithb -at- CTIW -dot- CFER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 11:22:00 PDT

Dear subscribers,

I would like to attend a technical writing seminar, and I want to solicit
your advice.

Aside from going to a favorable location and enjoying the weekend, I really
want to learn. I write and manage employee policy and procedure, and I am
converting binder based documentation to WinHelp files.

The seminars that I am considering are:

o 43rd Technical Writer's Institute. Rensselaer.

o Structuring Information to Go Online and On Paper.
Communitec.

o Managing Technical Publications. University of Wisconsin.

o Any of the technical writing seminars by Solutions.

o One-Stop Documentation. Dr. Conrad Gottfredson, SkillTech.

o How to Manage Documentation & Instructional Design Projects.
Dr. JoAnn Hackos, SkillTech.

o Constructing On-Line Documentation.
Dr. Conrad Gottfredson, SkillTech.

o Mastering the Manual. Jay Lutz,
Manuals Corporation of America.

Have any of you been to these seminars? If so, what seminars do you
recommend? Are there specific seminar leaders that I should look for? Are
there any other seminars that I have not listed that you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Keith Baker
Technical Writer