Looking for books / resources which describe tech writing mngmt, dept organization, workflow, etc.

Subject: Looking for books / resources which describe tech writing mngmt, dept organization, workflow, etc.
From: Tom DiCorcia <Thomas_DiCorcia -dot- KSPX -at- FUJIXEROX -dot- XEROX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 21:24:12 PDT

There seem to be a lot of materials describing how to write or which describe
individual editors. I'm looking for materials which explain how technical
writing departments are set up, how they work, case studies of collaborative
tools, etc.

Any pointers wouild be greatly appreciated!

There was one book in our library that was very well written, and, I think, was
ahead of its time -- but it is ten years old now. I wonder if it has been
updated?

"Document Databases" by Geoffrey James, 1985 by Van Nostrand Rheinhold Co.
Inc., New York. ISBN: 0-442-28185-4.

------
// Tom DiCorcia