LORAL Corp.

Subject: LORAL Corp.
From: michaelc_johnson -at- EMAIL -dot- STATE -dot- UT -dot- US
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 22:07:00 -0700

The place where I work was recently purchased by LORAL Corp., supposedly
one of the biggest defense contractors on the planet.

That's probably good for us at Unisys GSG because Unisys has always
been more of a big computer outfit than a defense-related company.

I am very curious about LORAL's attitude toward its employees. Are they
treated like humans? Are the benefits good? How does LORAL reward
individual performance? Is LORAL prone to frequent workforce
adjustments -- "right sizing" as industry seems to call it these
days? How successful is LORAL at implementing ISO 9000? Do
they use the team concept in employee management? Are they more
interested in short-term profits or long-term growth? Are they run by
bean counters or true entrepreneurs?

Obviously, some input from LORAL employees would be great. But if
somebody has seen anything in print about LORAL in print lately, I would
appreciate that too.

TIA for any and all help.

Mike Johnson
michaelc_johnson -at- email -dot- state -dot- ut -dot- us