Re: Gerber approach to education

Subject: Re: Gerber approach to education
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 11:37:00 -0600

In this setting, students can learn how to consider
problems using different approaches. The most valuable skill I have
gained from my education is the ability to approach problems from more
than one perspective.

I learned that from Harry Harrison, in the guise of one "Slippery" Jim DiGriz:

"If the solution to a problem isn't apparent in its definition, you've haven't
defined the problem properly." It's pithy quote which encourages me to think
creatively about a problem, and I paid nothing aside from taxes (library cards
are wonderful) and a few hours of my leisure time in order to learn it.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124