Subject: TECHWR-L Meeting at STC Annual Conference
From: Binion Amerson <aba -at- OC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 11:07:44 -0500

<millerb -at- TCPLINK -dot- NREL -dot- GOV>, who originally wrote:

> I would LOVE to meet other techwirlers who are attending the annual
> STC conference in Washington, DC. It would be nice to put faces with
> the names--except maybe in the case of Arlen where it might be nice to
> keep the mental image. (kidding).

> Eric, I know you are presenting. Any plans for a techwirler reception?
> or networking table? Anyone else interested in an informal get
> together?

> Let me know of any interest. I could offer my room at the Omni if it's
> not too large a group.

As others have pointed out, last year in Minneapolis LaVonna Funkhouser of
the Oklahoma Chapter printed and distributed small yellow stickies which
identified we TECHWR-L List users. These were attached to our nametags and
worked just great. Earlier in the year, I asked LaVonna if she was doing
the same thing for the DC conference and she indicated "Yes."

If I recall, she posted a message last year saying that she would have the
stickies available at the Welcome Reception on Sunday evening. I am
copying LaVonna with this message and hope that she reponds to the entire
list.

I also recall that several tables at each breakfast were informally
designated as TECHWR-L tables. That might be a good meeting place. And,
perhaps we could reserve several tables during the Networking with Friends
Lunch on Wednesday. That lunch is for informal networking meetings such as
this.

As Mary Wise pointed out, she and all the Director-Sponsors are hosting
separate receptions for each of our eight regions. A yellow TECHWR-L
sticky on your badge will certainly bring a warm "hello" from everyone.

Barb, I too suspect that the number of people might overwhelm your room.

As to a separate reception, I was General Manager for the 40th STC Annual
Conference in Dallas in 1993 and know the problem of planning a last minute
reception or event. Let's go with the above options

More later,

Binion Amerson, aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, STC Region 5

Binion Amerson, Senior Technical Writer, OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ, Ste
800, Dallas, TX 75234, Ph 214/888-0447; Fax 214/484-6100; E-mail aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, Society for Technical Communication (STC) Region 5.