STC France Competition

Subject: STC France Competition
From: "Corson Bremer [FR]" <73167 -dot- 3556 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 08:42:01 EDT

I have been asked to post the following information regarding the
STC France Chapter Technical Writing and Graphics Competition
1995 Guidelines. I realize that this is short notice but the
April 15th deadline has been extended to April 30th (as I have
corrected in the Guidelines) to allow more entries to arrive.

Entry fees are 100 FF for STC members and 150 FF for non-members
payable by check drawn on a French bank made out to "STC FRance
Chapter" or by a postal order to the attention of Ariane
Mallender.

At this late date I suggest that you please request entry forms
or more information by fax from:

Jean-Louis Thevenot / Francoise Jouan - STC
FORCE EDC Magazine
49, Galerie des Damiers
La DEFENSE 1
92400 Courbevoie FRANCE
Tel: (33-1) 47.78.41.67
FAX: (33-1) 49.01.95.10

Competition Guidelines follow:

==================Begin Document Insert==========================

STC France Chapter

Rules for the European Technical Writing and Graphics Competition 1995

Who may participate?

- Any person who has written a text about a technical subject.
- Any person who has drawn a graphic or an illustration about a
technical subject.
- Any company which has had a technical document or graphic made.

This competition is open to all, whether they are members or not of the
Society for Technical Communication.

Which kind of document can you enter for the competition?

- Any technical document which fits one of the catagories of this
competition.
- Any document, the content of which is not confidential.
- Any document which has not been written or drawn to comply with
scholar obligations (homework, thesis).

What should I do to participate?

- Send the correct number of copies requested for the competition :

- For a book : three copies.
- For an article : Three copies (three originals if possible.
Otherwise, one original copy and two photocopies) and two different
issues of the publication in which the article has been published.
- For an internal magazine or a newsletter : three copies as
well as two different issues of this internal magazine or newsletter.
- For a technical graphic or illustration :

If published in a book or a brochure : three copies (if
possible three original copies. Otherwise one original copy and two
photocopies) with the book or the brochure in which the graphic or the
illustration has been publiched.

Published with an article : three copies of the graphic or
the illustration with the article (if possible three original copies.
Otherwise one original copy and two photocopies), the publication in
which this article has appeared and two different issues of this
publication.

- Pay the requested amount in the application form.
- Enclose the necessary amount to have the documents sent back
if desired.

Other clauses

- Deadline to receive the documents : 30th of April 1995.
- Awards given during the STC meetiing in June 1995. The date of
which to be confirmed later on.
- The choice of the persons named to be judge cannot be contested.
- The judges' choice concerning the winners cannot be disputed.
- STC France Chapter reserves the right to disqualify any
participant who would not comply to the rules of this competition.
- STC France Chapter is not responsible for the content of the
documents sent to them.
- If some participants do not wish to have their documents sent
back, STC France Chapter reserves the right to dispose of these
documents as it may think suitable.

Just a quick mention that the awards are in the form of
recognition rather than cash or prizes. But please don't let
that stop you from entering! We all need a bit of recognition
now and then, don't we?!

Corson Bremer
InterProse
Paris, France