Re: Mac Advice

Subject: Re: Mac Advice
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CFN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 09:01:22 -0300

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995, Garret Romaine wrote:

> [snipfest]
> Macs are great for graphics and layout, but have no advantage when it comes
> to the text used for online help. I would argue that you are going to be
> much more valuable to your project if you are using the product on the same
> platform as the developers. You can then offer insight into design,
> usability, etc. Spending your time on the Mac divorces you from the world
> your developers are living in, and I would argue makes you less valuable to
> them.

I second this motion. If the final hardcopy doc is design-intensive, once
the final text is approved port the text over to the Mac and do the
graphics/layout stuff there. For on-line doc, keep it all in the system
on which it will be delivered.

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- cfn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>
"I'm just going to keep my heart crossed."
-- Roncaism of the Week --