Career longevity

Subject: Career longevity
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 16:22:06 GMT

-> and read a posting by someone saying that it's rare for
-> a tech writer to stay at a job for more than 2 or 3 years.

-> Is this true??? I realize that it's possible for anyone
-> to get let go from a job, but this guy made it sound like
-> this is the norm, and that there's no TW's out there who
-> can keep a job for more than a couple of years.

I would hope that's not the case here. It is more difficult than you can
imagine to find and recruit qualified candidates. It's not even that
easy to find unqualified ones, actually. Our rule of thumb is that if
you're any good, we'll find lots of things for you to do, and we'll do
our darnedest to keep you happy and productive. If not, we'll just grind
you up into fertilizer and put you out in the garden with the others
... if we can't get good books out of you, at least we can get some
nice wildflowers.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500