Re: Word 6.0 vs. Frame 5.0

Subject: Re: Word 6.0 vs. Frame 5.0
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 06:44:49 PDT

>HELP!
>My boss has all but decided to upgrade our software from WordPerfect 5.1DOS
>to Word 6.0 based on $$$$, not application. His options are Framemaker
>5.0, Word 6.0, or WordPerfect 6.0. I'm inclined to believe Frame is the way
>to go, if for no other reason, it's the direction the industry seems to be
>heading.

This is the Age of Science. One should collect data and form hypotheses.
One approach would be to attend manufacturer-certified training classes
in each of the classes, to see and use the products in question. (You ought
to be able to go for free if an order depends on it.)

Personally, managers who deliver random pronouncements tend to send into
a flurry of resume-updating. Very therapeutic.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon * Writer * robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (408) 321-8771
4271 North First Street, #106 * San Jose * California * 95134-1215