Re: Alert: AOL FlashSession Bug

Subject: Re: Alert: AOL FlashSession Bug
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 17:23:00 -0600

TO: List members who use AOL's FlashSession feature in Windows
(I don't know whether this also affects DOS users, and whether
the principle also applies to Macs):

I would assume it would affect DOS users, if there are any anymore. It doesn't
have to affect Mac users (as the Mac allows more than 8 character file names)
but the easiest way to tell would be for a Mac user to see if the file follows
DOS's brain-damaged 8.3 naming convention. An application on the Mac doesn't
have to, but some do because the programmers don't want to maintain two separate
file system conventions. If it doesn't then Mac AOL-ers are safe.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124