Re: Serif Apologist

Subject: Re: Serif Apologist
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 1995 13:50:06 MST

-> I am the first to admit that I am no expert in this area.
-> However, I have read that serif fonts are easier to read because thei
-> little horizontal tails guide the eye of the reader across the horizo
-> axis of the page.

Gwen Barnes wrote this--
Loose generalizations such as "I heard somewhere that serif fonts are
easier to read" are unworthy of a professional technical writer, since
they fail to take into account
(...snip...)
Enough with the know-it-all generalizations. If you aren't sure where
you heard it, either ask the experts and come away with some actual
knowledge to share with the list, or admit you are unqualified to speak
on the subject and leave it at that. Just like at work.
===========
I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes when I pose a
question to the list, I want to know opinions based on personal
experience and observation, not some quoted material from a
book.

Sorry, Gwen, but if the human element means so little to you,
then maybe what you need is to tap into a data base somewhere so
you don't have to deal with people.

I'm here to share information and experiences, not to impress
people with my knowledge.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=