Re. My fifteen minutes of "flame"

Subject: Re. My fifteen minutes of "flame"
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 09:55:23 LCL

Please note: About a week ago, while we were temporarily unable to
receive mail, another fellow named "Geoff" flamed one of our members
about "get a life... task is useful as a verb". I can't quote the full
context, and missed the first part of the discussion/argument, so
sorry if I missed something there.

What I'd like to note. for those who sent me public or private flames
about this, is that there's more than one Geoff out there on the list.
At least three, by my count. I didn't write the original flame, and
would hope that those who were offended would go back to the digests
to find out which Geoff did. If you want to flame him, that's your
right, but please reserve your flames for the correct target. (No need
to send apologies if you're one of those who flamed me, particularly
if you were polite enough to do it privately. Misunderstandings do
happen in an imperfect medium.)

Closing plea: Please be careful how you quote other people's messages.
If you lose enough context, innocents get hurt. I got "burned" once,
and yes, it did hurt for a few hours until I discovered why.

--Geoff Hart geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
#8^{)} <---thicker skin, now.