Re: Imagination and Tech Writers Redux

Subject: Re: Imagination and Tech Writers Redux
From: Wm Blank <wmblank -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:12:11 -0700

Rose Wilcox wrote:

>Someone (I'm not sure who

(it was me)-

>wrote:
>>OK, I'm a little short on imagination (I'm a tech writer after all)
but

>Hey! Let's not typecast ourselves, here. *You* may be short on
>imagination, but I'm overflowing with it.
>Some of us are more right-brain; some are more left-brain.
>We each bring our own diverse talents, skill-sets, personalities,
>tendencies, and strengths to this career.

>I don't think of tech writers with the stereotype
>that popular culture has given, say, to an accountant-type person.

That was intended as a joke. So I won't suggest that either some tech
writers (like me) have an off the wall sense of humor or that some tech
writers (like you) could use a bit of the same. However, some of your
suggestions were outstanding. They have opened my mind in new and
wonderous ways. Thank you very much :)

--Bill