Re: Query: Users of ForeHelp?

Subject: Re: Query: Users of ForeHelp?
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 13:43:19 -0400

I use ForeHelp and I really like it. I chose it because I read in a review
that it was a good package for a non-technical user, and this is true. I
wrote my first help system with it last summer and have written 5 others
since then. It's a constant learning process, but ForeHelp enables you to get
up and running quickly with little or no technical knowledge about creating
help systems.

I also like it precisely because it is not word processor-dependent as most
of the other authoring systems are. They have just come out with version 2.0
which I have not seen yet, but from what I've read it looks like they added
some nice features (made the interface a little easier to use) and made
general improvements to a product that was already pretty good to start with.

I haven't used RoboHelp, so I can't compare, but it and Doc-to-Help both
require Word. You can create a Help system from scratch inside the ForeHelp
interface if you so desire since it includes a fully functioning word
processor (not as fancy as Word, but not as bloated either).

I highly recommend ForeHelp. I was truly imitidated by the idea of creating a
Help system, and using ForeHelp totally demystified the process. Also, the
documentation is good and the technical support is excellent.

Any questions, please feel free to write me.

Ron Miller

P.S. I have no affiliation with FH, I am merely a satisfied user.

P.P.S 1.0 did not come with a compiler, but 2.0 does.