Me vs. Myself

Subject: Me vs. Myself
From: Cathy Luther <cluther -at- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 08:22:36 -0600

From a recent post:

> . . . . a statement that has met with widespread disagreement from many on
this list > (including myself).

This is not a flame, but when did "myself" replace "me"? In the last
couple of years, I've seen regular use of "myself" in print, heard it on
broadcasts (TV and radio) from professional broadcasters and writers in
statements I thought should have been "me," and am curious. Did I miss a
change in usage? Or have I been wrong all these years?

Cheers,

Cathy
Email: cluther -at- unm -dot- edu