Spelling inquiry: Cacheable? Cachable?

Subject: Spelling inquiry: Cacheable? Cachable?
From: Fran Freiman <ffreiman -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 13:51:35 -0700

I read some posts from some of you good people out there who are crack
grammarians. Please cast you eyes on these spellings:

cacheable? cachable? Which is correct?

I consulted Webster's and IBM Dictionary of Computing--IBM offers cache
and caching. Webster's just has the noun cache and the verb cache. From
what I have read, adding -able to the verb gets you the adjective
[...]able. Cache, the verb, has the inflected forms cached and caching.
The final e is dropped. Would that mean that when forming the
adjective, you drop the e?

The document writers are using cacheable for the most part, but before
it goes to press, I'd like to correct it if it's wrong.

Thanks so much.
Fran.
ffreiman -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com