Re: Word Search

Subject: Re: Word Search
From: Suzanne Lee <suzanne -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 08:27:11 -0600

I don't know what anyone else calls them, but at my company, we call them
bigots ; ) We have PC bigots, Mac bigots, Unix bigots, PageMaker bigots,
etc. I've never heard any formal term for this kind of favoritism, but
does keep the office conversations lively!

>> Jim Brandenberger wanted to know:
>>
>> > There is a phenomenon in the computer world where some users become
>> > unswervingly (Some say, "unthinkingly") loyal to a computer type (Apple,
>>PC,
>> > NeXT, etc.), an operating system (OS2, DOS, Windows, etc.), or a software
>> > application. It has spawned many debates, arguments, and flames, even on
>>our
>> > own list.
>> >
>> > Over the passed few years I recall seeing a word used to describe this
>> > phenomenon, but now that I need it I can't recall it. No I'm not get
>> > old...*and stop smiling!*
<snip>

>And Sue Heim thought...
>>
>> Are you sure it's new? Cause the word that comes to mind is
>> "chauvinist." <grin>
>>
>But I think the word that Jim is looking for is co-dependency...

from Suzanne Lee - suzanne -at- autosim -dot- com
AutoSimulations, Inc. - Bountiful, UT
(801)298-1398 ext 333 fax (801)298-8186