Re: A Good Word for Word 6

Subject: Re: A Good Word for Word 6
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 10:25:10 -0600

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Sue Heim wrote:

> John Rennish wrote

> > You must have *very* simple formatting. We routinely have major problems
> > with documents less than half that long. Besides frequent crashes. . .

> If you have memory problems, maybe
> you should have someone look at your system. If you have printing
> problems, maybe you should evaluate other printers. But blaming all
> your woes on a word processing package is not the answer. BTW, for

I agree. I use Word 6 regularly, and like Sue, I am familiar with Frame,
Pagemaker, and WordPerfect 6, among others. Word is my tool of
preference for word processing. It is not adequate for all DTP
needs--nor should one expect it to be. But it does what it is designed
to do very well.

When I wound up with major crashing problems, I did a check on my system
and discovered that someone had reconfigured my videocard setup.
Resetting it fixed the problem quickly. Memory problems do occur--but
this is usually because I forget at times to save regularly.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu