Heading Numbering in Word6

Subject: Heading Numbering in Word6
From: Edunetics <edunet -at- ZEUS -dot- DATASRV -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 1995 14:06:54 +0300

I have a document with standard sort of numbered headings. At the end of
the document, I want to put some appendices. I hoped that I would be able
to change the way that Heading 1 appears so that it would say (say)
Appendix A. However, when I did that, all my heading 1s in the document
body changed to Appendix A, B, C. This happened even when I made a
section break before the appendices.
Any ideas (apart from kludges like customising header level 6 to be the
Appendix)?
Thanks in advance
Jonathan Goldberg, Edunetics
edunet -at- zeus -dot- datasrv -dot- co -dot- il