Re: Re. Windows GPFs and graphics

Subject: Re: Re. Windows GPFs and graphics
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 15:04:54 -0600

I learned something the other day from one of my sons (a computer nerd if
there ever was one) that I found interesting. I know that Windows has a
tendency to crash. I've had problems at work and at school, but VERY
rarely at home. Apparently this has a direct connection with the way the
system is configured to boot up. Mine (at home) goes through the whole
routine and boots to a DOS prompt. To enter windows, I simply type "win"
and hit the "enter" key. According to my son, systems designed to boot
directly to Windows are MUCH more prone to crashing. If this idea helps
anyone else, I would be delighted.

> In AmiPro, every time I tried to edit a table or graphic in
> draft/typing mode, Windows crashed big-time. When I switched to
> layout/preview mode, the problem disappeared. (Windows still crashes,
> but that's part of daily life.) If Frame works in draft and layout
> modes using the same programming techniques used in AmiPro (i.e.,
> invokes the same Windows API calls), Sandy may be encountering the
> same problem. Hope this helps!

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu