Re: DO YOU LIKE TECH WRITING?

Subject: Re: DO YOU LIKE TECH WRITING?
From: Loren Castro <lfc -at- SOL -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 12:19:38 -0700

From Worthington:

> Would I still enjoy technical writing
> if I did not have the computer...if I had
> to place all of that verbage on a notepad
> or typewriter...if I did not have the colorful
> splash screens and cute icons to play with?

No, I would probably be just a simple line editor for *S*M*E*s. But I
did use TECO for a couple of years, which is probably worse than using
a typewriter.

> What percentage of my work day is involved with
> technical communication, and what percentage is
> spent on the mechanical aspects of using the
> latest computer technology?

When I'm using FrameMaker, I spend most of my time communicating. On
other too frequent occasions, I spend most of my time fighting Bill
Gates.

lfc -at- sol -dot- chinalake -dot- navy -dot- mil