Re: Re[2]: Re. Quark vs. PageMaker

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Re. Quark vs. PageMaker
From: James Mathewson <math0038 -at- GOLD -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 16:56:48 -0500

On Thu, 4 May 1995, Virginia L. Krenn wrote:

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say. But, if not,
> then Pagemaker automatically makes these adjustments when you make a
> change to the text.

Actually, there is an addition to 5.0 that does this fairly well.
However, since the additions were written by different software
manufacturers, they sometimes conflict. For example, in my version,
I cannot do drop caps and have the auto feature work in the same text.
So, I have to manually fix every column if I add a comma or change a
word near the beginning of a story or chapter. It's a pain. But in Quark
this is not an issue because the user draws text boxes in multiple columns
that line up automatically.

james {:>l3