Re: Booting to Windows

Subject: Re: Booting to Windows
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 09:10:55 -0600

Several of you asked for more information about the message I posted
yesterday about booting to DOS rather than Windows to minimize crashing
Windows. I asked my son what the rational behind that recommendation
was. According to Kevin, when MSDOS boots, it parses the config.sys then
executes the Autoexec.bat. Not everything is initialized properly until
the Autoexec.bat is completely executed. When you boot directly to
Windows from the Autoexec.bat, this tends to short circuit the process so
that initialization is not really complete, hence the crashing Windows.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu