job shops in DC-MD-VA area?

Subject: job shops in DC-MD-VA area?
From: KnoxML1 <KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 10:10:24 EST

Can anyone give me names of job shops in the DC-MD-VA area? I have
worked as a contractor through a small shop in Maryland for the last year
and a half, and the contract may be ending soon. Before this contract
job, I always worked "real" jobs (15 years as a science & engineering
editor in the government, three as a pubs manager in a software company).
I found this contract job "by accident"-- through my daughter's flute
teacher's husband. (They say give your resume to EVERYONE; it certainly
worked for me!). I had never heard of the company before, and it has
been a pleasure doing business with them. They are small, however,
and may not be able to place me right away.I may be pounding pavement
again soon, and I would like to cast my net as widely as possible. The
job I'm in has been a gem; maybe there are more marvels out there.(:->

I'd appreciate any information people have on the job shops in the
Washington DC metro area, along with personal anecdotes, of course, if
you care to share them.

Thanks!

Margaret Knox
Scientific & technical writer/editor
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, Maryland

margaret -dot- knox -at- jhuapl -dot- edu