Equations in Document

Subject: Equations in Document
From: Paul Tarr <pwt -at- MINNIE -dot- BELL -dot- INMET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 09:53:58 -0700

Has anyone out there had experience with writing documents that include
equations? Particularily, equation intensive documents. What tools or
editors do you use? I am using ms-word which has a reasonable equation
editor but each equation uses up a lot of memory! After about 8-10 pages,
the size of the ms-word document hangs up my PC. Breaking a document into
30-50 files is a real pain.

I would be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has
experience with an editor/program that has a simple graphical interface
(i.e., point and click) or produces a document that doesn't use up an
unreasonable amount of memory/disk space.

Paul Tarr
(pwt -at- minnie -dot- bell -dot- inmet -dot- com)