Re: Quark

Subject: Re: Quark
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 06:44:18 -0400

>This is the first time I ever heard Quark described as superb for long
>documents. Maybe it is superb for long documents like the ones you describe
>(newspapers, novels, etc), but it's surely not the tool for long technical
>documents. Also, comparing the latest versions of Quark and PageMaker, I'd
>say it simply boils down to personal preference (although PM does include
>many functions that you have to buy as Xtensions for Quark.)

>John San Filippo

I have used Quark since it first came out and have edited/written/designed
hundreds of books on it on every conceivable topic, including several 330+
scientific manuals, electronic manuals, and mathematical textbooks.

The great advantage Quark has over PageMaker is its ability for many master
pages. Pagemaker only allows you 2.

Quark has complete extensions for TOC and indexing, glossary creation it. I
couldn't even image doing some of the books I've done in Quark in any other
program.

--Yvette