Sexual Harassment

Subject: Sexual Harassment
From: Sherrill Fink <sfink -at- RELAY -dot- NSWC -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 10:18:30 EDT

Chas. Bosnet writes:

Perhaps Karen can explain her point of view, and then members of the list can
discuss (1) whether they'd view the comment as denigrating and constituting
sexual harassment, and (2) how they'd handle the situation as the supervisor.
Let's keep the discussion focused on the language as much as we can.

As much as that would be intellectually stimulating, there are REAL people
involved here who are on the brink (IMHO) of an all-out flame war.
I believe that this discussion is off topic and should be taken off list.
If these two people want to personally attack each other, let them do it
in private. I've seen too many other flame wars and don't want to see
them here. (And this is not meant as a flame for Chas. Bosnet. If he
would like to email me privately, I would enjoy taking him up on his offer
to discuss this as a hypothetical situation. I just think tempers might
run too high to do this on list.)

Sherrill Fink <sfink -at- relay -dot- nswc -dot- navy -dot- mil>
Technical Writer/Editor
Safety & Environmental Office
Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division