Re: Looking for Encyclopedia of Writing

Subject: Re: Looking for Encyclopedia of Writing
From: Reid Goldsborough <reidgold -at- NETAXS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 22:08:45 GMT

Henry Choy (choy) wrote:

: If there is an encyclopedia on writing, a combination of the examples
: of anthologies and the advice of advice books, I would be forever
: indebted to anyone who can drop its title.

The best book of this type I've come across is Writng A to Z, edited by
Kirk Polking and published by Writer's Digest Books. It's just that, a
500+ page encyclopedia of writing information, with articles listed
alphabetically. Like all encyclopedias, you'll find a few mistakes, but
overall it's very well done.

Eternal indebtedness I don't really need -- send a check. <g>

Computer columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer
Author of the book Straight Talk About the Information Superhighway