Re: QRD (How to subscribe)

From: John Gear <catalyst -at- PACIFIER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 22:44:00 PDT

Since I posted about the Quarterly Review of Doublespeak, several people
have sent notes saying "I read about your publication on the tech writers'
listserve and want to know how to subscribe."

While that's flattering, it's certainly not "my" publication.

(A) I have no official relationship with QRD (I usually submit one or two
examples per quarter from the newspaper or memos from corporations, some of
which the editors, formerly William Lutz and now Mr. Harry Brent, have been
kind enough to accept and print as good examples of the genre).

(B) More importantly, if I *did* have an interest in QRD I would not have
posted an ad for it on this list. My recommendation of QRD is not
influenced by commercial considerations--only by my enjoyment of it.

For those who wish to know, you can subscribe by sending the appropriate
amount to the address below. I don't know what the toll for overseas
subscriptions is; I recommend sending them a postcard and inquiring.

>Quarterly Review of Doublespeak
>$10/yr

>available from:

>National Council of Teachers of English