Re: "Sex. Harassment" - The End

Subject: Re: "Sex. Harassment" - The End
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 18:05:29 -0700

Chas. Bosdet said:
> Under the principle of interpretation asserted here, then, if someone writes,
> "The statement smacks of disingenuousness," it would be wrong to think he or
> she is accusing the author of a lack of candor.

Yes, it would. It would be more accurate to think he is accusing her
of actions having 'a distinct flavor of' 'a lack of
straightforwardness'. I don't this it too subtle a difference for a
writer to grasp. As someone else pointed out, Vince's behavior is the
kind of behavior that, repeated over and over, sometimes leads to
charges of sexual harassment. What I said was in the nature of a
warning to Vince. It was not an accusation. I did not use the term I
used lightly.

I am so happy for you that you feel your calling attention to this
incident is so entirely justified. It was important to me, and has
taught me several things, none of them that make me happy. But I could
have done without the magnifying glass.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com

Friend A: "Life is a minefield, and I don't have a map!"
Friend B: "Sometimes it's best just to wear thick shoes and earplugs.
Really thick shoes."