Re: Typeover Mode

Subject: Re: Typeover Mode
From: "Wersan, Fred" <fwersan -at- BIL1PO -dot- BILLERICA-MA -dot- PERITUS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 08:01:00 PDT

A month or two ago my daughter told me that the computer had gone crazy.
Instead of inserting letters when she typed, it was deleting letters. I
eventually realized she had gone into overwrite mode. It took a great deal
of searching through the manual to find out that the Insert key was the
culprit. There was no menu item for this.

It is well worth warning your readers that there are two modes of typing and
that they should be able to recover from inadvertent change of mode.

Fred Wersan
fwersan -at- peritus -dot- com