Re: evaluation cards & surveys

Subject: Re: evaluation cards & surveys
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 07:31:26 MST

Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> wrote-->
Gwen Barnes wrote to express her pain at receiving an "F" in one of
the "evaluate this manual" cards returned by a reader. Cheer up, Gwen,
and anyone else who has been burned this way! Most of these cards
represent a poor excuse for usability testing, and statistically,
they're meaningless in most cases too.

Case in point: we include these cards in our technical notes series,
but they were designed by a manager who knows nothing about survey
design or usability testing. <...>
===================
Geoff or anybody,

Does anyone know if there is an Internet list server that
discusses such things as preparing surveys and product/service
evaluation forms?

If so, you can e-mail me directly at
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil

Thanks!

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=