Re. Informal/ungrammatical posts on this list

Subject: Re. Informal/ungrammatical posts on this list
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:28:23 LCL

Had to chime in on this one... [loud chorus from the audience: What a
surprise! You could have knocked us over with a feather!]

I make quite the habit of speaking informally, and writing same, to
friends. I hope this list qualifies. I still try to make my meaning
clear, but since I spend 8+ hours per day being formal, it's nice to
take off my editor's hat, kick back and sheathe the red pen now and
then. Like now, ferinstance...

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.